Digital marketing is the future of real estate, with the potential to deliver significant results. Even though physical property visits are essential for final decisions, investors typically conduct comprehensive research beforehand. Thus, real estate digital marketing is gaining immense popularity and is expected to continue growing.
The internet has transformed every aspect of our lives, and real estate is no exception. Traditional methods, such as posting ads in local papers, distributing flyers, or renting billboards to generate interest in your property, are no longer effective on their own and cannot achieve desired results.
To establish yourself as an accomplished figure in the real estate industry, you need to enhance your digital marketing skills. The real estate market is expected to grow by 2.3% this year, leading to increased competition as more participants enter the sector. A vast majority of potential homebuyers, about 80%, use online platforms to search for properties.
Having high-quality visuals is essential to maintain a strong online presence, as 83% of searchers expect to see photos of homes. Moreover, 91% of real estate agents utilize social media for free marketing. These statistics related to digital marketing in real estate signify a shift in trends, and adapting to these changes is crucial to survive and thrive amidst these challenging times.
The real estate industry operates within a cyclical pattern of marketing and deal-making, with each being dependent on the other. Marketing is prioritized during periods of no deals, and then gets neglected when business picks up. This leads to a lack of leads when things slow down, perpetuating the cycle. To break this pattern, having a well-crafted plan is crucial. The question is, what should the plan focus on? If the plan addresses the following four areas, you can be confident in its effectiveness:
- Growing your database
- Increasing referrals
- Improving lead conversion rates
- Enhancing brand awareness on social media.
To successfully market a real estate business in the digital age, there are several strategies that can be implemented. These include:
- Creating a user-friendly website to make it easy for potential clients to navigate and find the information they need.
- Spending time on search engine optimization (SEO) to ensure that the business appears high in search engine results pages (SERPs) when potential clients search for relevant keywords.
- Utilizing Google Ads for quick results, as this platform can help generate leads and drive traffic to the website.
- Crafting a social media marketing strategy to reach a wider audience and engage with potential clients.
- Creating an email marketing campaign to keep past clients and leads informed about new properties and updates in the real estate market.
- Making use of video content to showcase properties and provide potential clients with a more immersive and engaging experience.
- Managing online reputation through reviews by encouraging satisfied clients to leave positive reviews and responding to any negative feedback in a professional and helpful manner.